First thing you want to do to get started with NapoleonCat is link social media profiles. By profiles we mean: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google My Business, Pinterest, LinkedIn pages, YouTube channels and Brand24 integrations. Once connected you can manage and analyze them with our application. Please note you can add profiles you’re not managing for analytic purposes and organize them into different projects (more about them here).
To add a new profile to your account in NapoleonCat, follow these simple steps:
Go to "Project settings" in the left-hand side menu. You will be automatically taken to the "Profiles" tab with the option to add managed and followed profiles.
Adding profiles you manage:
- If you want to add your own profile, just click the yellow button "Add managed" on the right hand side.
- You’ll see a pop up window with all available types of profiles you can link. Simply choose the one you’re after.
- NapoleonCat will ask you to give access to your profiles – this will allow us to fetch data (for moderation and analytics) and enable publishing content. For more details click here.
- Next, you will see the list of profiles available. Choose the profiles you want to add to NapoleonCat by clicking the "+Add" button next to them. If you don't see the button, it means that the profile has already been added to the application.
- Once you add the profile, you will see it on the list. If you hover over it you’ll see buttons to: Use bot, edit and delete it
IMPORTANT: Please give access to all the pages you want to add to NapoleonCat. If you will not give access to some pages, you will not be able to add them as managed profiles.
IMPORTANT: if you use any ad blockers or pop-up blockers, it's best to switch them off temporarily, as they may interfere with connecting NapoleonCat to your account.
Adding your competition/benchmark profiles:
- A similar process to adding your managed profiles. Find the “Add Followed” button on the right hand side (it’s right next to “add managed”)
- You will see a list of social platforms, a search bar and a magnifying glass icon. Choose the platform (1), paste the link to the social profile you want to add or type in the name of the profile (2), click the magnifying glass icon (3) and add the profile to NapoleonCat (4).
Congratulations. You're all set!
You have successfully added your first profiles to NapoleonCat. Now it's time to add your coworkers.